Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Training Summary - June 30, 2013

I had grand ambitions.  At the outset of 2013 I planned to increase my running mileage beyond the feeble 40-kilometer (25 mile) per week average - the level I had been mired in for the past few years. 

But for various and sundry reasons I have not been able to sustain higher workout load without my legs protesting, as you can see in this 12-month mileage chart --



Meanwhile my "cross-training"  (I can hardly say "triathlon training" since I never actually compete in any triathlons) has averaged around 8 hours per week.  8 hours is also pretty feeble by triathlete standards, but then most triathletes derive many of their weekly training hours on the long, time-consuming cycling workouts.  Since I have yet to do a cycling workout outside this year except for during a week in May in Seattle (see below) all of my hours are swims, runs and turbo-training sessions so it is a reasonably quality effort I think.  Here is 6 month chart extracted from Triathlog


No comments: