Friday, April 18, 2014

Disciplined Spring Training


As usual, my training this Spring lacks the focus and discipline of my triathlon teammates.

They faithfully adhere to their coach's advice, performing a recovery-based series of precisely paced workouts leading to their A race.  I on the other hand do not have a coach and am guided more by social calendar than race periodization.

Last Sunday's Kamakura run for example is brilliant fun - I lead a festive group around Kamakura's scenic and cultural highlights





but of course it is as much about sightseeing as training - many of the early splits are 10+ minutes per kilometer











Meanwhile my weekly Saturday  hill repeats have become great photo ops.  Even as my speed on the 60-second hill climb fades and I wonder if I am capturing the benefit from "high intensity training"












No comments: