Saturday, May 31, 2014

Spring 2014 Run Training

Summary of my run training is pasted below.

I have managed to maintain quite high mileage (for me) over the past 7 months at 60 or more kilometers per week.  It remains to be seen whether I maintain the run volume in the weeks ahead with triathlon events, hot weather, and travel plans making running less enticing.

The training advice I have received in recent years has generally stressed quality over quantity -- focusing on several key workouts per week that should in my case be relatively short and fast.  However this advice has come with the additional note that these shorter key workouts should only be 10% or 20% of weekly training volume -- implying that I would still need to do at least this 60 kilometer level with lots of recovery runs.

No comments: