Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Consistency (Training Summary)

I have succeeded in maintaining consistent volume over the first 10 months of 2017 and even through the summer months:




OK, maybe 290 kilometers per month does not seem like much to any serious endurance athlete reading this, but for me it has been a challenge --

In my mileage summary post last February and in my January 2016 Mileage Summary, I lamented my annual Sisyphean struggle to sustain a competitive edge all year

And in my Just Don't Get Injured earlier this year I speculated that if I could just maintain consistency - much of the injury risk would be eliminated.  And, fortunately -- it has been months since I have felt significant pain from overtraining -- I have to think consistency has helped.

Now perhaps I will be in a position to shift back into training smarter and faster*


* being someone who generally believes in quality over quantity, and not logging mileage for its own sake




No comments: