Monday, November 13, 2006

Tokyo Marathon in 14 weeks


My autumn 2006 objective is to stop the downward spiral of my running career.  The triathlon training is not carrying me.  A week ago Wednesday I struggled to maintain 3:25 pace for the monthly 6 x1000 interval training.   My teammates were shocked and dismayed.   "Jay, you are a shell of your former self" they all said. 

I entered the Tokyo Marathon on February 18, so I need to regain at least some minimum level of fitness.

Presumably my struggles are a result of the low mileage I mentioned in my Edogawa Report Blog.  Since the second week of October I have begun to pickup my training a bit.  Here is my weekly mileage (in kilometers) since the Sado Triathlon:

Sept  4-9        17
Sept 10-16     18
Sept 17-23     33
Sept 24-30     18
Oct  1 - 7       14
Oct  8 -14      35
Oct 15-21      38
Oct 22-28      43
Oct 29-4        49
Nov 5-11        43

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recommand the mini mika training programme, bike in the morning run in the evening (or the other way around) !!

Stephen Lacey said...

Ha! Somebody else who has foolishly migrated to beta blogger. I have found it a complete pain in the arse and regret it. I now cannot comment on non-beta blogs except the ones who allow anonymous comments. This is my first chance to comment on a fellow beta blogger. Let's see how it goes.

By the way, you still have another 65 km per week worth of mileage to go. ;-)

Steve

Stephen Lacey said...

It worked. Halleleujia! Maybe instead of kicking beta blogger I should proselytize it to get everyone I know migrated.

Jay said...

Steve - I migrated to beta blogger a while back. Since much of the time I simply email in my posts, as you suggested, and do not even visit the blogger site I may fail to take advantage of new features.