Friday, February 16, 2007

Caffeine Taper - 2


Clearly the lack of caffeine is taking a terrible toll on me. I have been irritable and can't concentrate at work. I am staggering through the day, my mind in a thick fog and my head throbbing.

The plan was to cut down to less than 50mg per day of caffeine (the equivalent of half of a small cup of coffee), in the days leading up to the marathon, then get the boost of a triple espresso on Sunday morning, 45 minutes before the marathon. But this afternoon I broke down and bought a short Americano.

As I sit here sipping my caffeinated beverage, a sense of well-being and peace begins to seep back through my consciousness. But at the same time I am shattered to think I will still be wrestling with the coffee demons on Sunday morning.

1 comment:

David 元三 Rubenstein said...

Jay, that is too funny...I did the same thing last week, went cold turkey for 3 days before the race, and took a jolt 1 hour before...I think it worked..