Thursday, September 25, 2008

Murakami Triathlon Preparation

I have been thinking I should change the blog's subtitle to "NOT training for a triathlon in Tokyo" or most accurately "Complaining about bicycling in Tokyo"

As is so often the case over the last several years, I have a whole litany of complaints about cycling training.

I had hoped to do at least a half-dozen good rides leading up to Sunday's Murakami Triathlon.  But then a bizarre series of flat tire problems eliminated 3 crucial rides.  Of course these flat tire problems were largely a result of my own neglect and my ineptitude with mounting the tube properly and starting my rides so late in the day.

I was thinking I was swimming and running reasonably well, but this is meaningless when your bike leg is slow and your legs are shot after the bike.

No comments: