Thursday, January 12, 2006

Speed Work

I need to complete long, slow, steady runs in preparation for the full marathon.

But the one constant in my life is on Wednesday night I go to the track for intervals with Namban Rengo

Bob, the all-knowing, Zen Master announces we are doing speedwork - 1600, 12oo, 1ooo, 800, 600, 400. I try to take it easy on the intervals and keep running during the recovery -I run with Brian Baker and Anthony Zellar and my interval times are 5:50, 4:20, 3:18 (I pick it up a bit on the 1,000 and chase Yamada-san), 2:40, 1:50, 80.

I feel OK. Nothing like the pace I had a year ago, but then I have to think the last 6 weeks are having an impact on my footspeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jay-san. I went to Park with some Park lover(Gareth, Colin, Steve, Mika and Stuart). That's why I couldn't see you lastnight. I linked your Blog from Mika's. Mine is terrible work, but sometime visit and give me advice when you have time please. Cheers!!!

Satohi