Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Takamizu trail run

My teammate Gerard tells me what a fine job I do not over-training.

Ironically he is telling me this as we race up the side of Mount Takamizu - a 30k trail run (about my average weekly mileage) with over a 1,000 meters of elevation gain, on a day when I have had little sleep, the weather is terribly humid and I am carrying no water.

I felt reasonably strong through about 22 kilometers of the run, but at this point we begun to climb the last big uphill and for the next 8 kilometers I staggered along in an exhausted, dehydrated daze.

So much for not over-training.

1 comment:

MilesandMiles said...

wow ! i really cant wait to join the Namban tribe on these near weekly long trail run...! You do seem to do amazingly well on your rather minimalist training!
Arnaud