Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Beijing Olympics - 1

Who needs to go to Seattle in August to escape the heat when you can summer in the Chinese coastal city of Dalian.  I arrive to blue skies and cool crisp temperatures.  The US Olympic track team is staying here during the games as well to minimize their time in Beijing smog. 
 
My one-year Chinese multi-entry visa was still valid , otherwise I probably would not have made it here since the Chinese government has been limiting "undesirables" like myself from getting visas during the Olympics.   Amazingly I was able to travel to China during the Games using 20,000 airline award miles and the hotels are reasonably priced since no one can get in the country.   
 
I enjoy several long runs through the hills and coastline of Dalian, but unfortunately I have yet to see Lagat running through the city parks or eating at the seafood restaurants. 

1 comment:

Omar Minami said...

you should meet up with christian. He is in Beijing now