Wednesday, January 06, 2010

1,500 time trial - 29:35

Thanks to my teammate Mary, I was finally able to do a swim time trial in the pool today and establish a benchmark for my swimming times.  The triathlon times in open water seem less accurate because of currents and other variables.

I struggled to swim 29:35.  Mary and I shared a lane, and I started first since I am usually faster, but she got fed up with my pace and passed me at 300 meters, afterwhich I drafted off her for much of the remaining 1200 meters.  

I did the 1,500 swim segment of the Choshi Triathlon in October in 27:32 (and my pace at the 5,000 meter Kamakura open water swim was also around 27:30 per 1,500 meters).

I guess this quantifies how important the buoyancy of my wetsuit is for me, and that I need to learn how to do flip turns if I hope to swim well in a pool.




No comments: