Thursday, January 08, 2015

2014 Training (Run)


Here is my run mileage chart for all of 2014:



















The mileage chart above indicates an increasing percentage of my mileage is classified as EASY.  My easy runs are very EASY – over 6-minutes per kilometer.  The remaining mileage is generally more fast and intense – intervals, races, and short hill sets (long-runs diminishing through the year).  Increasingly I find myself doing a Polarized Training regime – essentially either high or low intensity and avoiding anything “moderate”.  As usual this has much more to do with the social nature of my run training than some deliberate, tactical effort on my part to embrace any particular program – I am keen to maintain the weekly hill repeat session I started or join some relay or stay up with pace of certain teammates in interval sessions.

I maintain around 250-kilometers during the year, even my “off-season”. Not that I really have an “off-season”.  Not that I have any “seasons”. 


But for 2015 I do intend to have a bit more structured training effort - like all my disciplined triathlon teammates.  

4 comments:

TokyoRacer said...

Tempo runs are good for you....

Jay said...

Hi Bob - Yes exactly. There have been a number of Saturday mornings when I felt that a tempo run at some "race-adjusted pace" would be the optimal training.

But it was more fun to do hill repeats with the crew.

It was great on the occasions when Stan, Harrisson, or Chris joined me for a tempo run as my second hard workout of the week

Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.