Sunday, April 15, 2007

Ishigaki-jima Triathlon


Today's Ishigaki Island Olympic Distance Triathlon had been the focus of my March training. But, alas, I am off in Europe this week on a business trip and could not join teammates Keren and Motoza for the tropical island adventure.

A large incentive for participating in the Ishigaki-jima triathlon was the excuse to visit the magical Okinawan islands of Ishigaki and Irimote.

But perhaps more importantly、it has become increasingly crucial to me to always have some upcoming target events for endurance sports. The events serve to greatly enhance my motivation, performance and overall enjoyment of the sport.

Now the question is what am I aiming for? What is the purpose of my current training? My teammates are urging me to sign up for another grueling Japan Ironman in June, however the Lake Stevens Half-Ironman in early July has a certain appeal.

4 comments:

AZ said...

Use the Japan Ironman as training for the Lake Stevens Half Ironman. That way you could do both.

MilesandMiles said...

And dont forget the Satsuki kanuma half... you should be in top shape for that !!

Keren_m said...

I have an idea for you. The shotgun approach! Just enter every offical IM and 70.3 race around the world for the rest of the year. Cover all the bases and you will sure to be able to be at the right place at the right time to do at least one race.

Do Lake Stevens and visit your folks. Forget about IMJ this year.

Jay said...

So in 2008 I need to sign up for
Ishigakijima Tri - April
London Marathon - April
Kanuma Satsuki - May
Edinburgh Marathon - May
Ironman Japan - June
Ironman Switzerland - July
and somehow coordinate my business trip schedule around these events.
..and run & cycle really really slow