Friday, June 01, 2007

5,000 meters - 17:26

Last night I attempt to shift gears and run a fast 5k at the Godo Time Trial.  Back in the halcyon days before my ironman training began, I have rose-tinted memories of  running much faster in shorter distances. 

I had no idea what to expect when I arrived at the track, but fortunately my teammate Juergen knows my condition better than I do, and told me firmly that I should run a 17:30.  I was also fortunate that another teammate, Gordon, was targeting 17:30 and led me through the first 3k.  Thanks to the cheers of other teammates who endured pouring rain to support us, I managed to  pick up the pace on the last 2k and run a respectable and gratifying 17:26.  Here are my rough splits:

3:31 / 3:29 / :3:35 / 3:27 / 3:24

4 comments:

GKK said...

Great time, was it a PB?

MilesandMiles said...

That is indeed a respectable time... Chuck and I will try to organize 5k time trials on track in Singapore as an alternative to the ridiculously hilly and slippery cross coutry course.

Jay said...

I don't actually remember what my PB is for a 5k.

I ran a 16:40 in 2004 so I guess I will call that my PB.

Christian said...

i hope i can keep your pace over the whole distance next time... unfortunately, your 4th and especially 5th k were too fast for me ;-)