Thursday, May 29, 2008

5k Time Trial - 17:14

My teammate Yoshida-san announces that he hopes to break 17 minutes at last night's monthly running time trial, and I reluctantly stick with him despite this overly ambitious pace (for me).  I need someone to establish a pace or else I will indulge in an easy jog, and I seek to stay ahead of the rapidly improving Paddy, the Irish Wonder. 

Thanks to Yoshida-san I run 3:22, 3:25, 3:29, 3:32, 3:26 (kicking past Yoshida-san with 700 meters to go) for a 17:14, my fastest 5k in about 5 years.  

4 comments:

Christian said...

congrats, very well done!

MilesandMiles said...

Great time! Triathlon training seems to do wonders for you! I look forward to similar improvement if i move to tokyo

Jay said...

Thanks guys - I seem to be running well lately on limited run mileage, but I am not necessarily doing more overall triathlon hours versus before. Maybe all the swimming helps. Or maybe it is that I am doing less long, tiring bicycle rides (just short stuff on indoor trainer). My new hypothesis about optimizing my running and triathlons.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Jay. I had kept my own pace at that time. But I couldn't pace up at last 1km. I coudn't run my goal time . But, my time 17'20 was 2nd PB on truck. It was good for me. I will run 5000m TT of Tokai University on 14th June. I will do my best and I will try to run sub 17 miniites.