Monday, May 26, 2008

Laser focused on open water swim race

Only 7 weeks until I compete in the 5,000 meter open swim race in the tumultuous seas off Kamakura.  So I am focusing my energy on preparing for this epic event. 

This past weekend I joined Anthony, Keren, Mary and David at Hakkejima and swam some 3 kilometers, my longest swim since ironman two years ago.  I swallowed a lot of saltwater, my goggles leaked irritating my left eye, and my wetsuit scratched up my neck.  But covering 3k made me feel better about my chances of surviving the 5k swim in July.  

2 comments:

Steven Munatones said...

Can you tell us more about the open water swim in Kamakura? Is there a website for the race?

from Steven Munatones in Southern California at www.10Kswim.com

Jay said...

Here is a website for this race series (apparently there are several other open water swim:

http://www.powersports.co.jp/rws/08_kamakura/index.htm

Weird how the participants all have these big smiles as they come out of the water..

And only a few seem to wear wetsuits.