Sunday, June 18, 2006

Bike Training in Rainy Season

They say you never forget how to ride a bicycle.

But I am getting worried.  I have only had one real training ride since early May.  

It is rainy season in Tokyo and each time I set aside the requisite 3+ hours for cycling it has been pouring down rain.  I don't hesitate to run in the rain, but I am not willing to risk my life on slippery crowded streets.  At least I managed to get in 3 swim workouts this past week, a spin session and some solid running. 

I am just concerned that when I finally get back on my bike I will have completely forgotten how to ride the thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just get on ur bike & ride, you Pussy!Oh, slippery streets, so scary. Try riding DH MTB in the rain & mud w/semi-slick tires @ Hinode. Do that, fall a few times and the streets of Tokyo w/be a cake-walk!
Mike-wet-sox

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»