Thursday, May 18, 2006

Some event the weekend after next


On Monday a friend asked about getting together on May 26th.  "OK - I think that works," I immediately replied.   "Oh wait a second, it seems like I have something that weekend.. hmmm..... what is it?...  Oh!  Now I remember.  I am supposed to do an ironman triathlon on the 28th."

In the weeks leading up to the New Zealand Ironman, the triathlon was all I thought of from the moment I woke up in the morning.  But with 10 days until Ironman Japan I find that my mind has been distracted by other sundry matters.

The trauma of New Zealand Ironman being cancelled after all the preparation might contribute to my current attitude.   Having experienced several race cancellations now due to inclement weather, I cannot convince myself that the event will happen at all until I actually find myself in the water. 

Nonetheless I need to start thinking about the logistics of the event, and thinking about my taper.  I have to believe the weather will be fine.

No comments: