Thursday, August 17, 2006

Coffee Blog - All coffee, all the time

Greater Perrinville's worldwide audience continue to report that they are sick and tired of my whining about cycling in hot weather and my running injuries, and that they want to hear more about the thing that obviously matters most and appears to have the greatest impact on my triathlon performance -- drinking coffee.


Today's NY Times reports even more benefits from drinking coffee -- a review of studies by American Medical Association found strong evidence that habitual coffee drinking reduced risk of serious ailments including heart disease, diabetes, and liver cirrhosis by releasing antioxidants which help control cell damage. I had been trying to consume more grape juice and blueberries for these healthy antioxidants, but the latest studies show that coffee is actually a better source of antioxidants. This report comes on top of the earlier research I discussed which showed that coffee helps performance in endurance events.


Needless to say I was delighted to read this, and immediately began increasing my coffee consumption. Before I finished reading the article this morning, I began brewing a jumbo, American-sized pot of Peet's Las Hermanas blend coffee

The coffee tastes excellent and I was able to help to empower the women of Nicaragua in building an environmentally sustainable community as well as improve my long-term health situation

As I write this I am drinking an enormous Segafredo latte. No research as of yet on whether the chocolate cream cookies that I am eating with the latte is actually good for me, but I am figuring it is just a matter of time until scientists report that cookie consumption is correlated with longevity, so I am going to eat the whole package..

5 comments:

eZeR. said...

bubloghopping! ;)

Anonymous said...

will the cookies if in your Bento Box?

Keren

Anonymous said...

that should be fit, not if

Jay said...

Thinking about installing a handlebar bag for the extra cookies, and an extra bottleholder for the double latte

Anonymous said...

I am a coffee addict too and was overjoyed to read about the no-doubt-serious-regardless-who pays-for-it-research confirming the extra benefits of coffee drinking!! Had 2 Americanos at this morning Starbucks Run so it bodes down well for tomorow's Sheares Bridge half! Arnaud
PS: anything on beer?