Friday, November 24, 2023

Park Run - November 21

I am awake and jet-legged at 5:30am so might as well get up and do the Parkrun with my teammates right?   The wickedly cold wind at the starting area makes this seem like a poor idea, I feel miserable and I struggle to a 4:12 first kilometer.  


Then I get into a decent rhythm and actually start enjoying the experience in the moment.  When was the last time I could say that about a running race or hard training session?   For too long now running is something I enjoy having done not doing.  

It is great to be mixing it up again after so long away from competition.  Including Parkrun I will be racing on three consecutive weekends. 

I run 20:20 for 5 kilometers.  

1 comment:

TokyoRacer said...

An early morning cold run? You're a better man than I am.