Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Toda 10k 2023

 



As you can see from the picture, I am delighted with age group medal from last week's Toda 10k event.  




<-  My pacing is rather abysmal.

You would think after all these years I could set and maintain an appropriate pace.   Especially given how much I kept staring at my watch throughout the 10k.  

I was hopeful about maintaining a sub-4:00 pace right up until a U-turn at 6.6k where we hit some headwind and I started slowing down.   Perhaps I am still deluded about how fast I can run.

Fortunately I came back with a ridiculously fast finishing kick.  




I ran well over 2 minutes faster in this same event five years ago and back then I was disappointed with my time.  This year I am content with my time.  


Really I am content and relieved to finally avail myself of moving up to new age group.  And thrilled to make the all-time top-10 list for my age group at this event, joining Bob the legendary founder of our running club. 



And grateful to be racing again after struggle with injuries, with fatigue and dealing with pandemic cancellations.

No comments: