Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Indulgence Run

 
According to my triathlon training program, the latest running theory, and Horde Leader, Bob "Less-is-more" Poulson, I am supposed to run only three times per week.  Any additional runs are just pure self-indulgence.  Aging (over 40), enfeebled runners like myself need more recovery, and anything beyond doing a long run, a tempo run, and an interval workout is probably going to do more damage than good.  "Quality over quantity, minimalist training" is what triathlon legend Mike Trees always told me. 

But it is a gorgeous sunset on Friday afternoon, and having just signed up for Ironman Japan I feel a burst of energy and a need to gratify my desire for hedonistic pleasure.  So I run two easy loops around the Palace joining Keren and Satohi for part of their workout. 

Of course afterwards I felt guilty and dirty and ashamed of myself. 
 

No comments: