Wednesday, March 22, 2006

March 2006 - Becoming a sofa spud


March is shaping up as a month of very limited training. 

Rest and recovery was to be expected if I had done the New Zealand Ironman on March 4th.  However I didn't do an ironman and so I still need to stay in shape and find an opportunity to prove that I am not made of jello, and of course I need to contend with Mike at the Ome Trail Run in 10 days.

The first part of the month was spent tapering for the cancelled ironman.  Then I spent a week travelling.  Upon my return to Tokyo I was busy with work.  Now I will spend the next 3 days skiing and snowboarding.

My bicycle training would benefit from taking my bicycle out of the cardboard box which I used to transport it to and from New Zealand. 

Even in a month of idleness and sloth, I still manage to do some of the basic, easy, core exercise I have done most every week over the past 25 years. 

I even managed to run 28 kilometers with Martin Murphy on Sunday.  This single run almost doubles my mileage for the month of March. 

Here are my weekly training totals over the past 3 weeks:

February 26 -- March 4
Swim  - 1 hour
Bike  -  3 hours
Run   -  2.5 hours

March 5-11
Swim  - 0
Bike   -  7 hours
Run   -   1 hour

March 12-18
Swim  -  1. 5 hours
Bike    - 1  hour
Run    -  1.5 hours





No comments: