Saturday, March 18, 2006

Ome Trail Run Training Blog


My life has been devoid of meaning and purpose since my dreams of doing the New Zealand Ironman were so cruelly shattered two weeks ago.

Now I am back in Tokyo and trying to pick up the pieces.

I had assumed the the Greater Perrinville Athletic Association Blog would go dark once my Ironman mission was accomplished at New Zealand.  But now it looks like the blog will live on, to chronicle my ongoing triathlon training and serve as inspiration to train for other epic events.

So I signed up for the Ome Trail Run on April 2nd.  My life is completely focused and devoted to the Ome Trail Run.  (Well, OK, to be honest, I am not THAT focused on the Ome Trail Run - if I wake up the morning of April 2nd and see that it is raining I might just turn out the lights and go back to sleep).  

Mike, the guy from the Akasaka spin class, says he plans to defeat me at the Ome Trail Run. Clearly, Ome is shaping up as the Clash of the Titans, Havoc in the Hills, Melee in the Mountains, Godzilla v. King Kong, Carnage in Kanto...   Mike is a top-level mountain bike racer, and he may be an animal on the spin machine, but Ome is my element, my domain, my stomping grounds.   So it appears that after two weeks of drift and purposelessness I have renewed sense of meaning in life.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! I did not realize the spritual importance of the Ome 30km trail race to you. I took Mike on a training run over the course yesterday and I wondered why he kept on repeating over and over "must beat Jay, must kill Jay!"

Jay said...

I am stunned to learn that you are aiding my archrival. Naturally the fundamental part of my strategy to defeat Mike at Ome is taking advantage of my course knowledge and knowing when to make my move. As you are aware, success on the Ome Trail Run is 90% mental.

Anonymous said...

But am I actually aiding and abetting him? It could just be a very well thought out ploy to lull Mike in to a false sense of security so that you can take him down in the dank, dark forests of Ome. Hope it will be a full moon on the day to see the true Jay manifest himself.

Anonymous said...

Jay, Mike here. Keren told me u seem nice, but in reality u are a Tiger, a TIGER!!! I find this hard to believe, but I'll give u the benefit of the doubt. I know u are quite the accomplished runner, I heard 'Jay runs like the wind', but I need to warn u that u are going down this wknd! The cheetah will stalk u and wear u down! :) I feel very bad having to do this so soon after the NZ IM disaster. I really do.:p U goin' down brotha...Melee in the mountains...Shoubu de gozaimasu. Bring it ON! :)

Jay said...

The trash talk is just getting out of control as we approach the epic event. I guess that is to be expected with so much at stake on Sunday.

I am wondering who this "anonymous" post is REALLY from. Perhaps this is the race organizer seeking to generate extra pay-per-view TV revenue and web traffic..