Monday, March 27, 2006

Top 5 reasons to do Japan Ironman


Within hours of the cancellation of the New Zealand Ironman earlier this month, it occurred to me that the logical course of action is to immediately sign up for the Japan Ironman which is to be held on May 28.  But I instantly rejected this idea.  Not just because of the cost and time and training involved, but rather because of the stress during the days and hours leading up to New Zealand.

Now I with the deadline for Japan Ironman days away, I am again contemplating whether or not to sign up for another unreasonably long endurance event, and analyzing the pros and cons of entering the Japan Ironman.  Here are the top five reasons why I am thinking I might register for Ironman Japan:

1.      Peer pressure from Keren Miers and other teammates
2-5.  I cannot think of any other reasons




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!

I will resist applying any peer group pressure, none at all. I mean, I simply know that you want to do it and will do it anyway. And apart from the fact that you would be a weak-kneed, lilly-livered pussy if you didn't do it means that there is no need for me to say anything. So, if you were expecting peer group pressure from me, I'm sorry to dissapoint ;-)

Anonymous said...

You are going there along with Stuart and I. Just resign yourself to the fact and sign up!

Anonymous said...

Or you can just do Ohshima tri with me.